Sunday 25 January 2015

What to do next with life.....

I've decided.... I need a new challenge in life! Admittedly I do get bored rather quickly, but a few months ago, I decided to close a chapter in my life that had run its course over a number of years and to my dismay nothing has yet pricked my interest to fill the gap. It is so very easy to fall back into the trap of going back to that which is familiar, even if I have grown out of it, but I am determined this time to look forwards instead of backwards...

I think one of the most difficult things that I have encountered whilst making these life altering changes, is that not only have I stopped doing something which played a big part in my life, but also, my social circle has changed as a result.... The commonality that I once shared with others, is no longer present and it's so very difficult to connect in the same way. Some people who once played a large part in my life and whom I classed as 'friends' seemed to have disappeared ... Thankfully, I do have some really close friends, who will always remain a big part of my life, but nevertheless it's a bit strange right now.

Over the past couple of years, there have been a number of monumental changes that have taken place in my life, which has very much altered the world as I know it. Some changes I have instigated, whilst others have been forced upon me, which in turn has caused a sort of grief reaction, triggering all of the associated emotions, anger, denial, loss etc....

I admit that I perhaps could do with a bit more patience with regards to making changes at a slower pace, but then again is it such a bad thing to just get it all over with,  start afresh and work through the pain? Oh well, there is no going back now... I have set the course and therefore need to plod on in uncharted territory.... What the future holds... who knows! I will let you know when I get there ;-) x


No comments:

Post a Comment