Wednesday 11 February 2015

What a difference a day makes

Thankfully, everything in this world is transient in nature... everything passes, good or bad. Yesterday becomes part of history, today brings a chance to start afresh. There are days when motivation is low and others when I am so enthused I could conquer the world!!!

Over the past couple of years, so much has changed in my life that it is barely recognisable... people have come and left my life, each bringing new experiences and an opportunity to learn something new.

Change can be a difficult process and I for one, at times, struggle with  the way in which my life seems to evolve, probably due to the fact that I over reminisce about the past. Periods of transition in life can be painful, especially letting go, but that is a part of growth and it is only by letting go  that I can move forward,  embracing the future and all it has to offer... It's akin to stepping out into the great unknown with much uncertainty.

I have realised that at times, I simply need to sit back and allow these changes to take place and no amount of reminiscence will alter the here and now. So, I have decided, that this is going to be my year... a year when I concentrate on myself, doing the things that I want to do. Its time to take things a bit more gently and actually enjoy the ride for a change. Life is very short and I know that I am guilty of filling up my time to such an extent that I miss what is going on in the world.... so this is it.... a new day.... a new chapter... What a difference a day makes!



No comments:

Post a Comment